Wednesday, November 7, 2012

On the Move

My trip to Lincoln was nice but extremely uneventful. Next, I was off to South Dakota State University in Brookings, South Dakota. My travel day started at 4:45 in the morning, so I was pretty tired. Thankfully, I had two smooth plane rides and got there on time!

As soon as I got to the Epsilon Eta house, the Sisters gave me a tour. The house was just built and it is BEAUTIFUL! They did a great job designing it, the bathrooms and kitchen were incredible! Unfortunately, I was the first "guest" to stay there, which meant that I was the first to use the guest bathroom shower. We soon found out that it was built incorrectly and floods... the entire bathroom, across the hallway, and into the guest bedroom. Yikes!

I didnt know how Halloween would go on the road, but I actually had a great day! The chapter I was with held a Halloween Festival for the community. So many children came in the most adorable costumes! My favorites included a hotdog, bumblebee, and Snow White. Hands down the most popular costume? Ninjas!


After the festival, we all went to the chapter house where I gave a program on social media use! Woo! : ) Here are some of the inspirational quotes I used (thanks, Pinterest!):



So after South Dakota, it was time for me to go back to the University of Iowa to visit my Sisters at Sigma. It was a rough travel day but I love being with this chapter, so it has been a great trip so far! They always spoil me and take me to get Starbucks (11/30 to my Gold Card!), cupcakes, and tours of beautiful Iowa City!



Last night, three of us camped out in the basement and watched the election results. As sad and concerned as I know so many of us are, I am more determined than ever that we need to pray for our country and for our leaders. Our country needs Jesus more than ever.

Tomorrow, I get to go home. So excited for a fun-filled, busy weekend full of wedding fun, friends, and family! See you all soon! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment