Friday, May 25, 2012

I Love the Rose

Hello friends! As you can already tell, I am a little OBSESSED with Alpha Xi Delta. I thought that today I would share with you a little bit about our amazing national organization!

Every sorority has things in common. We all have colors, ours is double blue and gold (now you know where my blog theme came from!) Every sorority has a flower, ours is the killarney rose, or quite simply, the pink rose. Our mascot is BetXi Bear, who I think is the cutest little bear ever!



Here I am with BetXi at last summer's National Convention.

Thankfully BetXi has gotten a recent makeover! Doesn't she look FABULOUS!?

Alpha Xi Delta was founded in 1893 at Lombard College in Galesburg, Illinois. The 10 women who began our organization wanted to "Inspire Women to Realize Their Potential" and this became our motto. In the 119 years since, we have added more than 150,000 women to our sisterhood.

In April 2009, Alpha Xi Delta announced that we had a new national philanthropy! We are now partnered with Autism Speaks. Every Alpha Xi Delta chapter holds fun events to raise money to support Autism Speaks. During the summer, chapters attend "Walk Now for Autism Speaks" walks which we look forward to all year!

I am so thankful for this organization. It not only gave me the BEST friends i could ever ask for but also many chances to grow as a leader and an individual. One of the reasons I am most excited about this upcoming year is that I am going to be given the opportunity to give back and to help collegiate women grow and better themselves. I can't wait to get started!

Pledge Class celebrating Bid Night 2010.



No comments:

Post a Comment