Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My First Blog!

Confession: I have never blogged before, but everyone seems to think that this is the time for me to start! I am not sure where to start, but introductions seem appropriate!

My name is Courtney. I am pretty sure that more than half my friends (and all of my sorority sisters) have forgotten that though. I am more frequently referred to as CPeek. I am 23 and I live with my Mama, Daddy, brother KP, and our adorable dachshund/sister Roxy in the Peach State. My family is amazing and extremely close. I am so thankful for them.

Family Vacation 2011 (loving those tans!)
I told you she was cute! She's the best dog in the world when she is not trying to eat children or my Alpha Xi Delta little sister, Kerri!

My favorite thing in the world to do is spend time with my friends and boyfriend, Ross. We have a boxer puppy named Paisley (I got to name her!) who we spoil ROTTEN!

Christmas 2011- Paisley is SO much bigger now!



The real reason I started blogging is because I have been hired by my sorority, Alpha Xi Delta to be an Educational Leadership Consultant (ELC) for 2012-2013. What is an ELC you may ask? Basically I will be traveling the country visiting different Alpha Xi Delta chapters at different colleges. I will be offering support, conducting trainings, and basically be a liaison between the chapter and the National Fraternity. I will be living out of my suitcase for months at a time, will be away from home, and constantly getting on and off airplanes. Scared & nervous? YES! Excited & ready to go? ABSOLUTELY! I am hoping that through this blog my family and friends will be able to somewhat keep up with what I am doing and that it will help others understand a little bit more about sorority life. Greek life is something I am extremely passionate about but I am going to have to save that tangent for another day!

Before I end this post, I need to thank my little sister, Kerri for helping me create this blog and for introducing me to the blog world! You can see her blog at A Sweet Georgia Peach! 


1 comment: