Thursday, May 31, 2012

Home Cookin'

I am SO not domesticated. But I'm working on it! Before I moved home from college my cooking skills consisted of the single cups of macaroni and cheese (a favorite of my roommate's) and making frozen pasta on the stove. Ever since I moved home, I have been trying to expand my culinary horizons.

After a few fails missteps, I am actually learning! My last few dinners have actually been more than edible, they have been good! Last night I made Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. Not only did my family love them but Ross took some home and his family raved! I will admit that one of the reasons I love to cook is so that the boyfriend will see that we (hopefully) will not starve one day! : )

On another note, when I am out traveling there is a group of people that I am going to miss SO much: my grandparents. They are the best people I know and I am so blessed to have them in my life!

With Grammie when I was installed as Zeta Omega's President.
Kisses from Grandmother after my college graduation.
Easter with Jack 2011.
My grandparents have taught me so many life lessons: about hard work, living for the Lord, the importance of family among so many other things. I am going to have to teach them to Skype so we can see each other while I am gone!

Headed to the lake with my family plus KP's lady friend and Ross. SO excited to get our tan on and have a lot of fun together! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment