Monday, June 4, 2012

Just Soaking It Up

Normally for family vacations, we do the same thing every year. The four of us usually trek down to Gulf Shores for a few days. We stay at about the same condo, eat at the same restaurants, shop at the same outlets... its great! This year, we decided to do something different. We went down to Lake Blackshear for the weekend! We took KP's girlfriend and Ross, which was a blast! Daddy rented us a pontoon boat for a day, which ended up being the highlight of the trip! I loved being out on the water with my family, just working on my tan and listening to good music. The men fished and the ladies jumped in the water a couple of times.
Having fun on the boat!

At the resort, we swam in the pool, walked around the dock, fished, and played our family's favorite card game Rook. 
In the pool.
One of my favorite parts about vacation is the FOOD! I love seafood and there are always the yummiest places to eat! Our favorite restaurant this trip was called Daphne's Lodge. It was the cutest little place and the food was unreal.
KP and Sydney.
Waiting for our delicious dinner!
All of us!
This trip was especially important to our family because it is the last chance we will get to get away with each other for a while. You see, I am not the only member of our foursome who is going to be doing some traveling. On the same day I leave to officially begin my job, my brother is also leaving. He is not just making a little trip to another state though. He is moving all the way to AUSTRALIA! Ahhh!

KP is going to Hillsong College which is the Christian college associated with Hillsong Church in Sidney, Australia. Right now he is going for a year and then possibly a second year. As scary as it is to have my little brother and best friend moving to the other side of the world, I know that God is going to make this the best experience ever for him. I can not wait to hear all about it and witness how changed he is going to be when he gets back! It is a huge leap of faith for KP but I am so thankful he is trusting God with it all!

I am so thankful that we had the opportunity to spend this vacation together! It was so nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of our lives and just enjoy being together! I am so blessed to have my family!





"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment