Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Every Little Thing, Is Gonna Be Alright

I am a worrier. I have been from the day I was born. There are times where I can keep it under control but then there are also times that it controls me. This week at church, the sermon was about worry.


As we were pulling out of church, I made a comment to Ross about how much I enjoyed the sermon and how it was something I needed to hear. His reply back was, "It won't do you any good if you don't apply it to your life." OUCH. As much as that stung, it really got me thinking. How often do I say that I trust God with my life, my future, my plans... and then I keep stressing about it? If I truly do believe that the Lord is in control of it all, then I should not struggle with worry like I do!


For me, giving up worry is not a one time thing. It is a commitment I have to make everyday. Yes, there will be times that I fall into the worry trap again, but I am serious about working on it. As I am experiencing new, exciting, and occasionally nerve wracking things over the next year, I want to enjoy it all, not lose myself to worry!

With the newlyweds!
In other news, we had a fabulous weekend! Ross' best friend Brett and his fiancé Jaycie got married and we were lucky enough to be there to witness it! Ross was the Best Man and gave a very sweet toast, which was a highlight for me! Ross has attended so many weddings with me over the past 5 years (and we matched at all of them!) that it was nice to be his +1 for a change!


The Best Man!
My favorite wedding date ever!
Im leaving on my first official Alpha Xi Delta trip tomorrow! I couldn't be more excited to spend 5 days at the University of Maryland! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment