Thursday, June 7, 2012

Big Knows Best

Today, Tomorrow, Forever We'll Be
Big & Little, My Sister & Me

One of my favorite parts about being in a sorority is my sorority family. As a new member, each girl receives a big sister or as we call it, a "big." The big's job is to be someone for the "little" to look up to. They look out for their little and is always someone the little can go to for advice. Each chapter holds a "Big Sister Discovery" which is a fun event where the new members find out who their big sister is. It is a fun and exciting time in each chapter!

My big sister's name is B.Fine. She was one of the first Alpha Xi sisters I met when I went through recruitment. Once I joined the chapter, I knew that I wanted her to be my big sister. I was THRILLED when I found out that she was! I even cried (I told you I get emotional occasionally!)

With my Big and the plaque I made her. (This was 5 years ago, I was such a baby!)
B.Fine has become more than just my big, she is one of my best friends. She has so many qualities that I admire and look up to. She has been there for me through so many situations, and I am so thankful for her! She always gives me the best advice and I know that she will always be there for me. I can't wait to be a bridesmaid in her wedding next March!

At her graduation.


No comments:

Post a Comment