Monday, June 18, 2012

So Much To Learn

Hello, friends! I am back in the Peach State after a super busy, super fun trip to the University of Maryland! (Go Terps!) We hosted Alpha Xis from all over the Northeast for a 4 day workshop! While it was exhausting and I never stopped running, I had a blast! Since I graduated in December I have been out of the "sorority world" for a little bit and I LOVED being back at it!


One of my favorite aspects of Alpha Xi Delta is that even though our sisters are scattered around the country, we have a bond that unites us. The women who came to UMD had never met but instantly shared a connection. I loved watching them form friendships over our time together and hope that many made lifelong friends!

I was SO excited to meet 5 of the 11 girls I will be working with this year! We had a blast getting to know each other and working together to make sure the collegiates learned and had a great time! I can't wait until July when we will all move to Indianapolis for a month for training!

Part of the consultant team!
As much fun as I had during our time at the university, the opposite can be said about my time spent at the airport. After broken down planes, delayed flights, and baggage drama I was SO thankful when I saw Ross' sweet face waiting for me in Atlanta. Although it was a bit stressful, I definitely learned something... this is part of it. Nothing in life can be scripted perfectly (although I try my best at times) and I will just have to learn to go with the flow. This is something I have struggled with my whole life and I think that the Lord will use this experience to help me to learn to be more flexible. Instead of being upset about a delayed flight, I am just going to thank him for a few extra minutes to rest. When my baggage gets taken from me because it is too big I am just going to be thankful that I have less to carry. I already feel myself being changed for the better by this opportunity and I have barely started! I can't wait to see what other lessons this year has to hold for me!

The beautiful Alpha Xi Delta house at the University of Maryland!



No comments:

Post a Comment