Saturday, October 27, 2012

Busy, Busy!

Three schools later and I feel like blogging again! : )

My trip to Ohio Northern was SO great. Those women repeatedly show me what Sisterhood is. They are so much fun to be around and I am looking forward to my return visit in December!

On Thursday night during my stay, we decided to make an impromptu road trip to Toledo. My chapter there, Theta Chi, was having their Fuzzie Funnel Cakes philanthropy event, and funnel cakes are just too yummy to pass up! Allie, Robyn, and I had a blast and surprising the women at Toledo was such a highlight of this trip!


The girls in green are from ONU and the ones in yellow are from UT!
 Gamma Tau had a very busy week while I was there. One of the highlights was Big Sis Discovery! As I sat there and watched all of the happy Big/Lil pairs, it made me think of how excited I was to get my Big, Brittany. I also started to think of my Littles, too. My life would definitely not be the same without those special women!


The chapter had a Halloween themed Sisterhood event. The Sisters dressed up in adorable group costumes and had a birthday cake for all of the October birthdays. It was so sweet of them to include me!


The biggest event of the week was the chapter's Fall Carnival which raised money for Autism Speaks. It was somewhat stressful making sure that it all came together but we had a blast and it was a great event! Some of the highlights were: pumpkin smashing, hay rides, corn hole, and lots of delicious food! Two of the Theta Chi girls came up to support the event, I was so happy to see them again!




Next, my travels took me to the Epsilon Xi chapter at the University of Missouri, St. Louis. It was a relatively short trip but I really enjoyed getting to know an entirely new chapter of women! They were so nice and accomodating. The first full day I was there was not the best day for me. A few minutes before I went to bed, the girls came in with a jewelry box they made me that was full of sweet notes inside. I was so touched and humbled!


The next two days were full of mall trips, midnight Walmart runs, crafting Halloween costumes, and going to see the St. Louis Arch! I was so excited to go see it! I had  no idea how HUGE it is! We went up to the top of it and it has a great view!



Yesterday I arrived at Rho Chapter at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. This house is GORGEOUS! It is almost 100 years old and has so much history! I got a tour of campus and got to see all of the other fraternity and sorority houses. Today is their family day and a home game against Michigan. I guess I will be cheering for the Huskers as well as the Dawgs today! : )


No comments:

Post a Comment