Wednesday, October 3, 2012

On the Plains of Oklahoma

I miss Oklahoma already! It was my first trip there and I really enjoyed it! I had never seen an oil pump before, and they were everywhere! Seeing new things is definitely one of the highlights of my job. The women I visit always think it is funny when I am amazed at something new to me because it is part of their every day lives. I especially freaked out when I saw a "Moose Crossing" sign in New Hampshire. I kept my eyes out for a moose the whole time I was there, unfortunately none were to be seen.

The highlight of my Oklahoma trip was eating at Pops. It is a restaurant that has been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. I was a little nervous when I heard that it is in a gas station, but it was awesome! Outside stands a giant soda bottle that is 66 feet tall. Inside, the walls are glass and lined with hundreds of bottles of soda. They sell over 600 kinds of soda, and they are grouped by flavor... blueberry, cream soda, strawberry etc. We had a blast looking around at all of them! With my food I ordered a vanilla coke and then I got a bottle of cream soda to take home. It was so much fun!



I am now at the University of South Dakota for the next week. This is the Epsilon Chapter of Alpha Xi Delta, which means it is the 5th oldest chapter. I LOVE going to single letter chapters... so much history! I was excited to come to yet another new school and state but I have to admit that I have been in a bit of a slump the past couple of days. The women are busy with homecoming and school so I let myself be miserable and sit in my bedroom all day yesterday. After a good pep talk from both of my parents and Ross, I decided to turn that around last night. I went to the Homecoming Royalty Reveal last night with the Sisters. It was nice to see a little bit of the beautiful campus and to attend a fun event. Today, I am determined to have a good day so I have set up my things in the living room to work and then after lunch I am going to explore campus a little bit. I have enjoyed every visit so far so I am determined to make this one great, as well.

Epsilon's Charter from 1903. Too cool!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment