Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Home.

I can not tell you how great it felt to be at home. I was a happy girl this weekend.

Wednesday I was so excited that I couldn't stand it. After a slightly stressful day of travelling in which I almost missed my flight from Chicago to Atlanta, I arrived in the Atlanta airport. American apparently has their own little baggage claim, so it took Ross and I a few minutes to find each other. I can not tell you how happy I was to finally see him. He looked rather handsome in his shirt and tie (he had come from work) AND he was carrying red roses. Tear. We drove home and Mama, Daddy, and Roxy were waiting for us with chicken and dumplings for dinner. I was so happy to see them all, but I definitely missed my brother not being there.

Thursday was my day with my Mama. We went to see Grammie, which made me so happy. Then we went to the Mall of Georgia to shop, shop, shop! I bought some warm clothes so that I wont freeze in the winter. After a yummy lunch and lots of catching up, we went and picked Grammie back up and went out to eat with her and Daddy. Daddy and I went to Verizon after dinner and I got an iPhone. Exciting, except for paying the bill myself. Time to grow up, I suppose! : )

Friday, Grandmother and I went to breakfast and went shopping. We went by Enterprise and saw Ross and took him to lunch. I went and visited with a few good friends that evening and then Ross and I headed to Carrollton. We went to a yummy anniversary/birthday dinner at Olive Garden and then went our separate ways to see friends.

Saturday (my birthday!) we went to breakfast and then to Zeta Omega's Fuzzie Football tournament which raises money for Autism Speaks. It was so good to see my friends, I have missed them so much. Ross and I took his little sister, Alli to lunch and then spend the rest of the afternoon shopping together. I have missed him SO much. It was so nice to be able to spend so much time with him this weekend. I know that I wore him out and he didnt get as much rest as he normally does on weekends, but I am thankful for our time together.

Saturday evening my parents cooked us a great birthday dinner. My best friend, Kelly, my Big, Brittany and her sister Blair, and one of my littles, Randi came over. I have missed them all so much and loved getting to spend some time catching up. I am blessed with some amazing friends!

Sunday we went to church and then to Grandmother and Grandaddy's for my birthday lunch. It was so nice getting to spend the afternoon with my family. We missed my brother so much, I was so excited when he Facetimed me later that evening. For dinner, my other little, Kerri and her boyfriend Nick came over. We have missed our friends and definitely enjoyed the evening together.

The worst part of the weekend, by far, was having to say goodbye. I am a big baby and always cry. I am thankful to know that I will only be gone for a month!

 





 
"If home is where the heart is, then my home is where you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment