Monday, July 2, 2012

Just a Taste

What a trip! I have been gone for two weeks, which definitely gave me a taste of what this next year will be like. There were moments that I was ready to be at home with the people that I love but for the most part it wasn't too bad! 

On the morning I left for UNLV (University of Nevada, Las Vegas) I went and bought a new carry on suitcase. It is much smaller and will help me to avoid gate-baggage drama. I am happy to report that it worked wonders! It definitely cut down on my stress and was a great decision! The flight out there was BEAUTIFUL! I could see wide open land that held beautiful mountains... and then I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time! I couldn't help but just stare out the window in awe of our Creator and the gorgeous landscape he made.
How amazing was my view!?
This was my first trip to Las Vegas... and it was HOT! I have never felt such a dry heat before, it was kind of a shock! We had a blast at UNLV. I loved getting to know the women there! One of the highlights for me was spending time with my small group, EnthuXIastic. We really bonded right off the bat and I loved watching the women share ideas and grow as leaders!
My small group.
I have started to learn that there are certain staples that every ELC must have... mine so far are Starbucks and my tervis tumbler. 
The cutest coffee coozie ever!
Go Dawgs! (Thanks to my sweet daddy for getting this for me!)
After my trip to Vegas, I was off to Indianapolis for a week. My best friend Emily and her fiancé Josh got married! I was so honored to serve as her Maid of Honor. Ever since we were young, we have planned and dreamed about what our weddings would be like. It was so much fun helping in her dream becoming a reality. I could not have asked for a better man for my best friend to marry and I pray that they have a wonderful life together! The wedding was beautiful and so much fun and she was a breathtaking bride!
We took a canvas painting class for her last night out!
Rehearsal Dinner.
She looked SO beautiful!
Mr. & Mrs. Elrod
And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13


No comments:

Post a Comment