Saturday, August 18, 2012

Be Kind.

Be kind. Throughout the Bible Jesus showed us that we should live these words by his everyday actions. Its not easy. Its not always convenient. But it is always what we should do.

This week I have been stretched and put into situations that are new and at times intimidating for me. I have constantly had to ask the Lord to give me the grace I need to handle situations as He would have me handle them. Thankfully, He has provided, as he always does.

When I got to Ohio, I learned that I would be staying at an advisor's house with her, her husband, and their cat, Freddie. Mrs. Jill and Mr. Bob not only opened up their home to me but they treated me as if I was part of their family. It was a HUGE blessing to have met them and I could not have asked for a better stay! They took me out for ice cream one night and they got my suitcase fixed when the zipper broke last week. They have shown me kindness that I will never forget.

Every school I go to will be different and every Chapter I visit will have different circumstances. I am learning so much about conflict management, leadership, facilitating group discussions and so much more. Every Sister I meet will have her own story. I am learning how to understand people and to be empathetic to their feelings. I am learning to be a calm in the storm that sorority life can be at times. I am learning to listen, understand, and verbalize solutions to problems. I am learning to be kind even when others are not. I am learning to be kind even when I am angry or frustrated. Jesus was kind, so I choose to be kind. I fail constantly but I am trying harder than I ever have.

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment