Sunday, August 26, 2012

First Recruitment: Check!

Happy Birthday, Grandmother! I love you and hope you have a great day! I am jealous that Ross and Sydney get to join you at lunch but I guess they are the next best thing to Kyle and I! : )

As I write this I am sitting in the Iowa Airport. I had to be dropped off three hours early because the Sigma women are continuing with Recruitment today. I am getting well acquainted with all of the country's tiny airports!

Had to get a picture of the Sigma Nu house at Iowa for Ross!
I had so much fun the past two days at Iowa's Recruitment. Almost 900 women signed up for Recruitment, which is much bigger than Recruitment at UWG that I am used to! We had 6 parties the first day (20 mins each with 20 minutes in between) and ten parties yesterday. We had so much fun dealing with all of the craziness. I will give you an example: I was so tired I got into the shower with clothing on, the UPS man came to the door with the women going through Recruitment, the house had a terrible smell because of the neighbors, AND someone fell down the stairs (thankfully she was not hurt.) I have to admit that the excitement is one of the reasons I love Recruitment time. You NEVER know what is going to happen and have to be ready to deal with anything. I love to think on my feet and problem solve so I think I have the perfect job!

Some of my Recruitment essentials! Yes, I need TWO watches!
I will be spending the next two weeks in Toledo, Ohio. It is about an hour away from Ada where I was last week! I am conducting Work Week and then Recruitment there. I am excited to meet a whole new group of women and see what new challenges I will face!

 Beautiful Sigma House
 
 With the Membership Vice President, Erin and the President, Jaclyn.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment