Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Catch Up

So since my last two posts have been all sappy and emotional I thought I would catch you all up on what I have really been doing! : )

Last week I was at Ohio Northern University in Ada, Ohio. It is a pretty small campus that reminded me a lot of UWG. It is a private Methodist college where 40% of the Greeks are Pharmacy majors. ONU's mascot is the Polar Bear which I thought was cute but totally random! Ada is a TINY town but there are a lot of pretty, old homes in it. The sorority houses are only a few years old and they are really nice!

Who knew there are Polar Bears in Ada, Ohio?

While I was at ONU I created and facilitated the Chapter's Work Week. This means that I ran workshops that helped to prepare the Chapter for Recruitment. We discussed things like conversation skills, body language, appropriate dress and everything else you can think of regarding Alpha Xi Delta! I tried to make it as engaging and as fun as possible so I used lots of activities, games, and I threw in lots of cute quotes I found on Pinterest.


I also asked them to give up their cell phones so that we would all be engaged and interacting. (I put mine in, as well!)

Pinterest idea. Love it!
 

I also got crafty and redid one of the Chapter's bulletin boards.

I have loved getting to know women from other Chapters. Each Chapter is different than mine but each has something special about it!

After a long day of travelling yesterday (including two delayed flights) I am now in Iowa City, Iowa at the University of Iowa. This house is AMAZING! The Chapter 100 years old and the house is almost there. In the 20's it was used as an illegal Speakeasy. SO COOL! It is a beautiful and historic town. I walked around and explored for a little while today. I love all of the school spirit I saw, about 1/4 of the students I passed were wearing Hawkeye gear. I was a nice girlfriend and picked my boyfriend up a tshirt at the bookstore when I bought my Iowa sticker!

Former state Capital of Iowa!

While I am here I will helping to prepare the Chapter for Recruitment which starts Friday! AHHH! I am so excited for my first Recruitment of the year! I will be doing 4 Recruitments in the next 5 weeks so I am preparing for no sleep and lots of stress, but also a lot of fun! I couldnt be more excited! : )

Here is one last picture to wrap up this post:

Biggest and yummiest pancake ever! 




No comments:

Post a Comment